When you’re stuck in Ithaca over the summer and don’t know what to do, read this post and resist the urge to escape to New York City every weekend!! Summer’s almost over but if you are in Ithaca now please put these things on your bucket list… before winter comes!
- Explore Ezra’s Tunnel: do it before the city decides to close it. Yes, there is a bit of dangerous climbing involved to reach this destination. #doitforthegram
- Ithaca Falls: You can admire the very top of Ithaca Falls from the rocks at Ezra’s Tunnel but make sure to check out the view from the bottom too!
- Farmer’s Market: Bearie does most of his self reflection in the shower OR when sitting across from Cayuga Lake. Good luck finding parking though, lol.
- Wegmans: Because you’ll actually have time for meal planning & grocery shopping instead of ordering takeout or heating up ramen! #ilovewegmans #everyoneloveswegmans
- Photoshoot: Perfect for posting on Instagram. Also, there’s fewer people to photobomb your pictures.
- Get your ice cream fill: Cornell Dairy Bar, Purity Ice Cream, Sweet Melissa’s… the choices are endless. I’ve also heard Cayuga Lake Creamery is 🔥 but it was too far away. Luckily, they sell it at CTB, so go try it!
- Ithaca College: the one and only time I came here was to admire the fountain tbh.
- State Parks: Buttermilk, Robert H. Treman, Taughannock Falls, Watkins Glen… there are so many to choose from and I think you should visit them all 🐻. Vehicle entry into the parks is $8. Check out the state park websites to see when you can enter for free (they usually stop collecting fees after 6 PM 🙂 )
- Ithaca Commons: check out the amazing restaurant scene (post on that soon to come!) and the local shops.
- Go for a run: you’ll have plenty of time to work out so no excuses! I recommend running towards Ithaca Commons for beginners because it’s downhill. You can walk on the way back 🙃. I tried running on campus and got wiped out wayy too soon. 🐻
Let me know what YOUR favorite thing to do over the summer is!